Today we are going to explore the importance of pleasure in pregnancy, birth, and parenting and how acupuncture can support individuals through this process. Listen as a board-certified acupuncturist and Chinese herbologist Sharon McDermott joins Debra Pascali-Bonaro to discuss the role of traditional Chinese medicine and other modalities to help with fertility, pain reduction, induce labor, energy levels for breastfeeding mothers, and calming the body and spirit.
Sharon received a Master of Science in Traditional Oriental Medicine from the Pacific College of Health and Sciences, magna cum laude. She received her Bachelor’s degree (BA) from Hunter College, magna cum laude. Sharon is board certified in acupuncture and Chinese herbology and licensed in the State of New York. Sharon’s practice, Healthy Healing, focuses on women’s health, fertility, stress, and pain reduction. Sharon is a certified birth doula and recent author of “Unleash Your Inner Goddess: How to Experience an Empowering Pregnancy, Labor, and Birth.”
In this episode:
• Sharon McDermott is joining us to discuss how to experience an empowering pregnancy, labor, and birth and all about acupuncture.
• Sharon has a wealth of wisdom and experience in traditional chinese medicine, Chinese herbology, fertility, stress, and pain reduction.
• Cesarean birth sometimes happens when other methods don’t work
• Discussing postpartum depression and other mental issues is important
• Nutritional counseling to help keep fortified while pregnant
• Empowerment through education on questions to ask doctors and understanding medical procedures
• Holistic approach to birthing, including nutrition, meditation, and Chinese medicine